Approaches to Carbon Offsetting with the RSPB, the British Mountaineering Council and Gold Standard: 3rd Feb 2021
Carbon offsetting often comes with negative connotations but could be a crucial aspect of reaching net zero. This event provided members with information on when they might choose to offset their carbon and how they can make the best decision about a 'good' carbon offset. The event included:
- The RSPB approach to offsetting, the context of net zero targets, their interaction with standards e.g. the UK Woodland Code and engaging corporate partners and government to ensure carbon finance is not exploited or seen as a temporary fix.
- Why and how the British Mountaineering Council are offering carbon offsetting to members with a focus on peat restoration.
- How does the Gold Standard certification process ensure that energy efficiency and renewable energy projects reduce carbon dioxide emissions, and provide benefits to local populations
Climate Change Adaptation Special Interest Group: 28th Jan 2021
Climate change adaptation is a complex and challenging topic that many of our members are grappling with. Our special interest groups aim to allow members to come together informally, with questions, challenges or barriers they are facing, and to share ideas and progress with others across the network. This session included a presentation by Anna Frizzell (Sustainability Manager, RNLI) on the RNLI adaptation approach and provided resources to help with high level thinking about the difference between mitigation and adaptation.
Rethinking Renewables with Thrive Renewables and Triodos: 21st Jan 2021
Thrive Renewables and Triodos Bank shared their experiences and knowledge of the renewable energy sector; how it is growing, how it has been impacted by the pandemic, new innovations, what is the fastest growing technology and where are new projects being delivered. The event included:
- Context of energy generation in relation to net zero
- Options - from corporate PPAs to onsite generation
- Services that can support organisations in their low carbon transition
Missed out? Catch up!
We appreciate that it is not always possible for members to attend these virtual events at the scheduled times so we have made all presentations, supporting documents and recordings of these events available in the Fit for the Future members area so that you can access the content at your leisure.
If you have any questions regarding the members area, please do contact us.
If you are not a member and would like to join the network, please do get in touch.