Areas for discussion include (and are not limited to):
· What does a good procurement policy look like?
· How do we introduce sustainable procurement policies, prioritise and set targets?
· Understanding environmental the impact of your procurement
· How to develop and implement a sustainable procurement strategy and action plan.
· Benchmarking – how is everyone else getting on?
· How do we engage with/influence procurement teams and suppliers?
· Assessing impacts and risks for various categories of spend (how to use data and finance systems to prioritise)
· How does procurement connect into and influence the challenge of reducing scope 3 emissions and achieving net zero?
· A more in-depth look at a particular procurement area e.g. catering, construction, office equipment, retail etc
· Industry guidance and standards e.g. ISO20400
· Resources, guidance, case studies and external organisations that can support you
Once you have registered, we will be in touch to identify any specific topics you would like the group to focus on. Where possible we will identify a suitable guest speaker.
After a group discussion, the Fit for the Future team will lead you in smaller groups for you to share challenges, approaches, lessons learnt, opportunities, progress, questions and resources/tools used.
Any member is welcome to attend, regardless of previous experience or knowledge on this topic. The group will be of benefit to all network members, whatever your size and scope of operations/activity. From organisations just starting off to those already delivering procurement policy and strategy there will be lots to share and collaborate on.