The meetup was hosted by Fit for the Future member Marie Curie at their London Offices; providing a fantastic opportunity for members to catch up informally, support each other and further develop their contacts.
The meetup started with a fabulous presentation on urban beekeeping by Alvéole, who manage hives at the Marie Curie offices. The talk provided great inspiration for members to develop similar initiatives, both in keeping bees and protecting/enhancing urban green areas and all associated biodiversity.
This was followed by a group discussion with members setting the agenda, with a wide range of topics including:
- Sustainability strategy development
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) approaches and how to embed in an organisation.
- Sustainability Manager role credentials – what skills and capabilities should you look for?
- Heat decarbonisation plans
- Calculating & reporting scope 3 Emissions
In support of our successful virtual events programme, the Fit for the Future team are keen to facilitate more in-person meetings, tours and seminars; to further support peer-to-peer learning through on the face-to-face sharing of experience and knowledge. If you have an idea for an event topic and/or a venue (maybe you would like to host) please do get in touch with the Fit for the Future team.