On 20th November, Fit for the Future Network will be combining its Energy Managers meeting with an introduction to SECR from Gary Shanahan, Head – Business and Industrial Energy Efficiency, Tax & Reporting at BEIS.
Morning session (10:00 – 12:45): Energy Managers meeting (net zero carbon rargets). This meeting is for members wanting to discuss and explore how to set a net zero carbon target:
- What data do we need to set a target?
- How do we ensure this is robust?
- Should we aim for realistic or ambitious?
- How do we present the business case behind the target?
Break: 45 minutes
Afternoon Session (1:30 – 15:00): Gary Shanahan (BEIS) will provide members with a general introduction to SECR:
- How SECR differs from ESOS (and the synergies between the two)
- Who is in scope of the legislation
- What information is required to be disclosed
15:00: Open discussion (optional)
Please note: Tea and coffee refreshments will be available throughout the day but lunch will not be provided.