Following on from last year’s successful sessions, this discussion group will continue to share how organisations are implementing sustainable/green champion initiatives, including:
· Involving staff in developing an organisation’s environmental sustainability policy and strategy
· Supporting staff to increase their knowledge of environmental sustainability issues and learn new skills e.g. carbon/climate literacy
· Inspiring and empowering staff to take action. Embedding a green/sustainable ethos throughout an organisation, encouraging and supporting wider behaviour change amongst staff at all levels.
· Enabling environmental sustainability to be central in all activity and decision making. To develop opportunities that not only reduce environmental impact but also save money, improve internal communication and interaction, create positive marketing opportunities and increase job satisfaction.
· Supporting monitoring and reporting processes
· For all staff/volunteers to engage with your organisation’s visitors, customers, partners, supply chains, stakeholders etc on sustainability challenges and opportunities.
A number of fit For the Future members have developed green or sustainability champion initiatives in their organisations and we are keen to continue to support members in this increasingly important area through a regular discussion group where members can share ideas, progress, lessons learnt and resources.
Once you have registered, we will be in touch to identify any specific topics you would like the group to focus on. If you have an initiative, you are developing of delivering we would love to hear from you and share your experiences. Jenny Harwood (Organisational Development Manager, Climate Action and Land & Nature, National Trust) will start the discussion by providing an update National Trust’s climate literacy programme for staff and volunteers.
Any member is welcome to attend, regardless of previous experience or knowledge on this topic. The discussion group will be of benefit to all network members, whatever your size and scope of operations/activity. From organisations just starting off to those already delivering Green/Sustainability champion initiatives there will be lots to share and collaborate on, from identifying collective challenges to learning from other approaches.