In July 2019 a number of members gathered to share and learn about developing a successful sustainability strategy. This follow on event will support those still putting together their strategies, but will also look at how we embed these across an organisation and ensure that we can start to deliver their objectives.
Fit for the Future would like to invite you to our first event of 2020, ‘From Strategy to Action: Sustainability Strategies #2.’ We are kindly being hosted by Coventry City Council and this is open to all members.
This is an informal meeting for members to share progress to date on developing their strategies, and look at how we take these to further embed them across the whole organisation.
Date: 22nd January 2020
Time: 10.00 – 13.00
Location: Room M1.4 Friargate Building, Coventry City Council, CV1 2GN or CV1 2GT if using sat nav
Dial-in option: yes, conference phone available
We will have one or two speakers share their experiences to date, followed by smaller group discussions that will look at:
Developing your sustainability strategy:
- How to ensure it is part of organisational wide strategy and not siloed
- How to get buy-in/sponsorship from the right people internally
- How to make the business case (co-benefits, for example)
- Given the climate emergency, how ambitious should we be
Embedding your sustainability strategy:
- How to prioritise deliverables
- How to embed within your organisation
- What has changed in the policy context since our last meeting
- Reviewing and revising strategies
Tea and coffee will be provided and we will finish before lunch. Please remember our cancellation policy of £60 if you do not turn up on the day, here is the link for registration again.