Our Special Interest Groups are an opportunity to share learning, progress, challenges and questions with other members across the network who are on the same journey. Our Carbon and Energy Managers Special Interest Group is for members looking to share experiences, knowledge and progress with the network, on a whole range of topics including net zero, monitoring, reporting and compliance.
This online meeting will focus on data and reporting.
Collecting data to calculate and understand the environmental impact of your organisation can at times be a confusing and daunting prospect. What are the benefits of an effective data monitoring and reporting process that enables you to understand, reduce and review your environmental impact? How can you implement this process?
This virtual event will provide an overview of how some Fit for the Future members have met this challenge in the areas of both energy and transport data. Hannah Laywood, Sustainability and Energy Manager at Guide Dogs for the Blind (other speaker to be confirmed) will provide an overview of:
· Collecting and collating data from multiple sites –
· Importance of a data collection and handling methodology
· Actual and estimated data, what to do if accurate data is not available e.g. transport data
· Analysing and reporting to: Understand your baseline emissions, support developing a strategy for reduction, monitoring progress and benchmarking
· Data in the context of compliance e.g. Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme (ESOS) and the broader challenge of net zero